Saving practice progress and custom hand settings ???

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Boopboop

Post by Boopboop »

Hello Synthesians,

I'm having trouble tracking down a post I found that explained how I can save my custom songs, so I'm posting the question fresh.

Can someone please tell me how to save my practice progress and my custom hand and fingering settings.

I painstakingly created split hand setting for a few midi songs the first time I used synthesia, then discovered all the settings were wiped when I opened the program again. I assumed I had done something wrong so I set them again... and looked for a save button... with no success then closed the program and hoped for the best. Alas >_< All gone!

It was so disheartening haha. Please halp!

Thanks in advance!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm sorry for the trouble!

It sounds like you might have been looking for the Synthesia Metadata Editor? Here is a guide describing what it does.

That said, if Synthesia isn't saving its data correctly, that tool won't help. (It needs the data to be there so it can read it.)

To this day, I still haven't tracked down all the reasons Synthesia doesn't seem to be able to save files. We recently added a provision to check for a completely full hard drive. (This apparently happens on Android more than I would have expected.) On Windows, we've seen restorations from backup cause weird file permissions in the Local "AppData" folder that prevent apps from writing files there. But there still seem to be a few more cases because those two don't seem to apply to everyone that has bumped into this problem.