Payment issue

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
rZero

Post by rZero »

Hi, I've been trying to purchase Synthesia from the web site. After entering the card details, a message appeard saying that the CVV number is incorrect (it was correct) and I got charged, but I didn't get any key on my email.

On my account the payment is currently on hold. I just wanted to make sure it was successful before reattempting.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I was able to find the failed payment. On our Stripe dashboard it has the status listed as "blocked". The reason given is a bad CVC, like you mentioned. And there is a note that says "This charge may temporarily appear as pending on the customer's statement before being removed."

As far as I know, Stripe only reports what the card issuing bank says, so if it says the CVC is wrong (and you're sure you typed exactly the number on the card), maybe your bank has a different one on file? It might be worth giving them a call.
rZero

Post by rZero »

Thanks, I found the issue. The card had a restriction for payments outside the EU.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's good news that you were able to find out what was going wrong. Now I'm just wondering why the bank's software decided to report it as a CVC error instead of something else. Oh well. Please let me know if you run into any other trouble!