Ipad: How do I add MIDI files?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
rasiel

Post by rasiel »

Hi,

So I bought the app on ipad and wanted to load my file library which is on a PC. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. It seems the iPad version of Synthesia is crippled on this part of the settings. It does not let you interact in any way such as for example pointing it to a dropbox location or something similar. All it has is a cryptic message: "Add songs using the File Sharing section under Apps when your iPad is connected to iTunes". I think this is probably more meaningful to Mac users. Can anyone help me decode how to import a folder from a PC over?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It works with iTunes on PCs, too. Here is Apple's guide.

There is an easier way these days though, if you're running iOS 11 or later on your iPad: just use the Files app. As long as you can get the MIDI songs over to your iPad (Dropbox is a great answer), the Files app can copy them into Synthesia's sandbox folder. Just check the "On My iPad" section in the Files app to find Synthesia's folder.
rasiel

Post by rasiel »

Thank you Nicholas, I'm going to try this out today!