Key sensitivity not detected? (solved)

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Terpal

Post by Terpal »

Hi,

I started using Synthesia recently with a M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 MIDI keyboard controller. However, despite the touch sensitivity of the keys working in DAWs like Ableton Live Lite (i.e. the volume scales with how hard I press the keys), the same doesn't happen in Synthesia. It seems binary in Synthesia - either I hit the key or not - it doesn't at all care how hard I pressed the keys, it'll always play at the same volume.

Is this expected? Or is there something I can do to get the key sensitivity working? This is on Windows 10 with game version 10.8.5686.

Cheers!
Terpal
Last edited by Terpal on 12-14-21 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

It looks like you can change Settings → Gameplay → Note Loudness to "Match My Input" (instead of the default "Get Loudness From Song").
Terpal

Post by Terpal »

Bavi_H wrote: 12-14-21 5:50 am It looks like you can change Settings → Gameplay → Note Loudness to "Match My Input" (instead of the default "Get Loudness From Song").
Already have this set, unfortunately.
Terpal

Post by Terpal »

Ah, I found the issue. I had boosted the keyboard volume to 200% in the Synthesia settings when I first started because it sounded so quiet. Turns out that for some reason removes any sensitivity and each keystroke just sounds the same as a result, when you do that. Reducing that down to 100% fixes the issue!