Editing the score

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
otykarol

Post by otykarol »

hello,

What is the easiest option to edit the score on Ipad?
I have downloaded it through AirDrop, it works in Synthesia, but I don't know how to access it after that. I would like to edit it for example in Musescore app. Is there any way to access the file / folder that Synthesia is using?

The main reason is that many times Synthesia interprets longer notes as double notes, and I have to correct that.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The Files app on the iPad should give you access to those song files again. You should be able to copy/move them in and out of Synthesia from there.
otykarol

Post by otykarol »

I don't get how it works on Ipad. Please help. I've exctracted about 500 files with Hanon and Czerny exercises and all of them have been added to Synthesia, creating a mess in the app. Is there a way to move them to a separate folder through Synthesia app? (i.e. "scale exercises")

It seems that Synthesia plays songs though accessing some folder which I don't have access to through Files app. Is it a normal behavior, or am I doing something wrong?

I tried deleting those files through Files app, but they didn't disappear in Synthesia. If I want to remove them from it, do I have to do it separately or is there a way to remove multiple songs at once? Screenshot below.
Attachments
obrazek PNG.png
obrazek PNG.png (406.38 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
otykarol

Post by otykarol »

To put it simple: is there any way to access the Synthesia app folder, from which it accesses imported midi files on Ipad? Or to delete all of its contents?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(I'm very sorry for the wait on this!)

Hmm, usually there is an "Inbox" folder inside the app's sandbox space (visible through at least iTunes File Sharing if not the Files app too). Because the iTunes interface isn't a full-fledged file explorer, the best you can do is copy the entire Inbox folder at once (in either direction).

So one workaround might be to copy the Inbox folder over to a computer, delete it from the iPad, clean up the files you aren't interested in anymore on the computer, and then copy the folder back.