midi changes on android app

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Henry Balaban

Post by Henry Balaban »

Hi. with Synthesia for PC while starting up with shift you can see or reach the files that contain the midi arrangments. How about on my tablet or cel ? in android, how can I reach the arranment files or what is the path to get there. I have the files on my pc and whant to travel with Synthesia app for android, I have my midis but all are like brand new, without my changes. Help please. Thanks in advance.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to get access to Synthesia's data folder on Android.

In the very earliest versions, we tried to store the data in one of the public locations that users can read/write to, but we started receiving error reports because that type of public location isn't even guaranteed to exist on some Android devices(?!)...

So we had to switch to the private "sandboxed" storage which is guaranteed to exist everywhere. Unfortunately this makes getting to the data a lot harder. One of the items on the list (currently on line 338), would be a backup/restore feature for the mobile versions of Synthesia to help get all the files in and out of that private area (potentially as a zip file, all at once).