Problem connecting iPad to Roland GO:PIANO88 via bluetooth

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
digitalronin

Post by digitalronin »

I've got Synthesia version 10.8.5687 on my iPad 7th generation running iOS 15.2.1

Everything was working fine connecting to my Roland GO:PIANO88 via bluetooth (I did sometimes have to relaunch Synthesia before the bluetooth connection would succeed, but that wasn't a big problem).

A week or two ago, the bluetooth connection stopped working. The keyboard still shows up as an available bluetooth device in Synthesia, but when I tap to connect, the bluetooth light on the keyboard comes on for a little less than one second then goes out again, and in the Synthesia app. it changes back from "Connecting..." to "Not connected"

I've tried powering off both the iPad and the keyboard (at the mains), and turning bluetooth off and on again on the iPad. Nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix this?
Geert

Post by Geert »

Guess you need to redo the bluetooth pairing of the keyboard and the iPad. It's in the keyboards manual. Or Google Roland keyboard pairing. Lot's of tops and tricks to be found (and potential issues).
Ryders

Post by Ryders »

I had a related issue recently.
I tried to reset my keyboard pairing, factory reset the settings... "forget" the keyboard bluetooth device in ios.. nada.. an I almost went nuts in the process!

I don't know why or how, but it turned out that the bluetooth access setting in iOS for the Synthesia app got itself turned off. 😬🤔🤦‍♀️

Might be worth a check?