Error Problem In Melody Practice Mode

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
jonhsonsmith

Post by jonhsonsmith »

Hi,

My OS is Windows 10 and game version is 10.8.5676. The issue I'm experiencing is that, in melody practice mode, even if I hit the correct note I still get an error in the top right. I recently downloaded synthesia and I've had this issue the entire time. Rhythm practice mode seems to work fine, it doesn't give me errors if I hit the right note on time, it just seems to be melody practice that is causing problems. If anyone has a solution for this that would be great - it's hard to track my progress on a song if I get errors no matter how well I play.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you know which model keyboard you're using with Synthesia? Sometimes there are options to send more than one note per keypress. This can be used for echo/reverb/chorus style effects which sound nice, but which can confuse Synthesia.

One way to know for sure what is being sent on the wire is to use a utility like MIDI-OX. Once you set it up to monitor input, you'll see a list of all the MIDI messages coming in. If you took a screenshot after pressing a few notes and posted it here, that might help to diagnose what's going on.
jonhsonsmith

Post by jonhsonsmith »

I'm using the SL88 Studio by Studiologic. Thanks for the reply - here's a screenshot of my midi-ox input. Image
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

The MIDI-OX screenshot shows simultaneous notes on MIDI channels 1 and 2.

According to the manual, the Studiologic SL88 has four zones: orange, yellow, green, and blue. If you press a keyboard key that is inside multiple zones, the SL88 can send the same pitch on multiple MIDI channels.

Try disabling the zones until only one zone is active.
jonhsonsmith

Post by jonhsonsmith »

I disabled the zones as you said and it worked! Melody practice mode is working fine now.

Thank you so much for the help :D