labels settings

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Choul

Post by Choul »

Hello all,

It's possible that I overlooked something in the settings, that's why I put my question here.

When I have a piece written in the key of for example Ab Major I want to see labels with the keynames As, Es, Des, and Bes (or Ab, Eb, Db and Bb) instead of
Gis, Dis, Cis and Ais (G#, D#, C# and A#) . How can I do that, which setting do I need?

Thanks in advance,
Choul
tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 »

I don't know how to change the label settings to the way you wanted, if you have already seen the Option Menu in the game.

If there's no other way, try requesting it. Or better yet, ask Nicholas.
Hardware Information: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz / 2.21 GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2070 / Nvidia GTX 1060 dual-GPU, Roland FP-10, MIDI-OX + LoopMIDI combo.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'll have to double-check. I thought I had it choosing to use the #/b name that was most appropriate to the current song key, but I might be wrong.

Does the "Key:" listed at the bottom show what you expect, or does it just say "C Major"?
Choul

Post by Choul »

Nicholas wrote:I'll have to double-check. I thought I had it choosing to use the #/b name that was most appropriate to the current song key, but I might be wrong.

Does the "Key:" listed at the bottom show what you expect, or does it just say "C Major"?
It gives me what I expect and that is in this case Ab Major at the bottom of the screen as the key the piece is written in.
But I have never seen before that I got 'b' signs on the labels in stead of '#' signs, and that's pretty confusing. Am I doing something wrong or have
you never programmed Synthesia that way?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If the key is showing correctly, it's probably my fault. ;)

I'll make a note to check on it.
Choul

Post by Choul »

Nicholas wrote:If the key is showing correctly, it's probably my fault. ;)

I'll make a note to check on it.
Thanks!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It was my fault. Quite a bit of work (and a lot of help from Electrode) later, and now they're looking pretty awesome in the latest dev update.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I love the new labels :D
English was my worst subject on school, so my language could be a bit awkward sometimes...