Record my playing to my computer?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
Jarzka

Post by Jarzka » 06-28-10 6:41 pm

I think this is more software than hardware problem, but do you know any (free) program that I could use to record my keyboard playing to an mp3 or midi file?

When I play Synthesia I hear my playing from the stereos but it is VERY low. I can't even hear it but it's still there. I have no idea where does it come from? This happens only if I play Synthesia, but for example in Audacity I have no idea how to record my playing...

SilverBlade

Post by SilverBlade » 06-28-10 10:53 pm

I don't know a lot about your problem, but I would recommend listing out piano model, OS, etc.

Edit: Also, from my personal usage, I'm pretty sure you need Line-in to record with Audacity. You need a MIDI recording interface, like GarageBand(Mac only, sorry if you have windows).

Jarzka

Post by Jarzka » 06-29-10 9:35 am

Yes, I have Windows 7 and my keyboard is Yamaha PSR E413.

Choul

Post by Choul » 06-29-10 10:42 am

You can grab this file:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=636

and go to the software section. There's enough (free) software to find but I don't know which one fits your needs and hardware/software possibilities.

tommai78101

Post by tommai78101 » 07-01-10 12:41 am

If you want to record your playback into any sound formats other than MIDI, use Audacity. Then, you can record from Stereo Mix and get what you've played from your speakers.
Hardware Information: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, 358MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, Synthesia 0.7.1 preview r697, 2 GB DDRAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2330, Acer Aspire 5720-4126
New Hardware Information: Windows 10 Pro, 2GB Nvidia GeForce 860M, 8GB RAM, 1.7GHz Core-i5 4210U, Alienware 13 R1.

edpdx

Post by edpdx » 07-09-10 12:45 am

Ok! So, you say you have a Yamaha keyboard, right? I have one to and it has stereo outputs. You can use an external soundcard or internal one, and use cables to record your performance using another program like Sonar or Ableton etc. All while running Synthesia at the same time.