EU midi adapter & Korg SP 250

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

Just wondering if this problem is with other setups as well, I can get it to work fine for awhile but then it starts acting strange.

By strange it will start pressing keys by itself in the game without any user input.

Even if I unplug the midi, and power off and shut down Synthesia and restart it backup it will still do the same thing. Only way to fix is by unplugging usb and restarting computer to reset something not sure what it is then it will work good till it goes back to pressing keys on its own.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

What's an EU midi adapter?
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

I meant the E-MU Xmidi 1x1
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, yeah, I've never heard of that before.

What sort of notes does it hit on its own? Random ones? Repeating notes that you've already hit? Is anything strange happening (selected instrument changing, etc.)

Does it seem to do it for every song or it just a specific few?
phiktion

Post by phiktion »

It starts hitting random notes and notes I hit sometimes a delayed copy of what I did or does things on its own, and that adapter is one mentioned under your keyboard section, and its for everything.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, I hope this isn't the first time I'm ever going to hear anything bad about that adapter... so far it has a perfect record.

Alright, the next thing to try is some other MIDI program (like Anvil Studio). If it starts doing the same types of things over there, we'll know it's the adapter that is at fault.