No Left and Right hand

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
triquetra

Post by triquetra » 09-29-10 6:24 pm

Heya, I have download some of the midi from squaresound. I play it using Synthesia, but it didn't have right hand and left hand. It has only one that combined left and right keys into one.

Is this the midi file problem?

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 09-29-10 6:34 pm

Yeah, for now left/right hand splitting is up to the MIDI author. (You can actually use a free MIDI editor like Musescore or Anvil Studio to split the tracks yourself, too.)

Soon though, I hope to add the "Manual Track Split" feature on the voting list that will let you do it right in Synthesia by drawing a line between each hand's notes.

triquetra

Post by triquetra » 09-29-10 10:54 pm

OH I see. That's the problem. Does the media splitting like anvil have to do manually to each note, or it's completely automatic?

aria1121

Post by aria1121 » 09-30-10 12:44 am

Well... A lot of these programs like Anvil Studio and Sibelius, dont 'split' the tracks. But only Musescore does (so far as I know). You can try to open the wizard, and create a partition and recreate it. And maybe its also easier if you have the original file opened it too - in a new tab. (Hit Tab at the menu bar)

pdms

Post by pdms » 10-07-10 9:54 am

I think as you gaing playing skill you wont want to have your fingering dictated to you

Pianotehead

Post by Pianotehead » 10-08-10 9:17 pm

aria1121 wrote:Well... A lot of these programs like Anvil Studio and Sibelius, dont 'split' the tracks. But only Musescore does (so far as I know). You can try to open the wizard, and create a partition and recreate it. And maybe its also easier if you have the original file opened it too - in a new tab. (Hit Tab at the menu bar)
In Anvil Studio you can split the tracks. Just click

Track

in the menu bar and choose

Split Track into Single-Channel Tracks

or

Split Track using Keyboard Split Point.

nos0323

Post by nos0323 » 12-05-10 5:17 pm

wait so how do i make synthesia keys make 2 different colors using musescore?