Synthesia for ipad

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
esanker

Post by esanker »

I just want to share something. I don't know if someone already did this.
If you're the type that can't wait for Synthesia for iPad to be released, get the Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad.
What it does is it let's you view your desktop computer from your iPad. Run Synthesia on your computer as usual and
then run Splashtop on your iPad. If everything goes smoothly, you'll see Synthesia on your iPad in action! No wires!!!

http://youtu.be/_qkc-A7SxH8
HellMind

Post by HellMind »

I wonder when that app is gonna be release and how much it would cost.

My neck hurts by watching the monitor while I play :(
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I am working on it full time now, for what it's worth. There is still a lot of work to do though.

And while I'm still deciding on pricing, the initial app will most-likely be free and unlocking the Learning Pack shouldn't be more than $10 at an absolute maximum. Probably (a lot) less than that.
Veeectorm

Post by Veeectorm »

This might be an inappropriate(?) question, but will you be offering discounts for people that bought the learning pack on pc aswell?

Thanx!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If there were a way to pull that off inside of Apple's in-app purchase infrastructure, I'd be open to it.

Just like original Synthesia donors (before the Learning Pack existed) got a Learning Pack key no matter what amount they gave, I really like the idea of supporting early adopters. You guys are the best. You're the reason Synthesia is still ongoing, being updated, and will continue to grow and thrive.

When I get closer to that part of the development process I'll be able to see if anything like that is possible. I know you can request promotional codes from Apple to give the app away for free... but I know those are limited in quantity and I also don't know how they interact with an already-free/in-app-purchase-unlock scenario. I'll find out though!
swalker133

Post by swalker133 »

Currently, there's no way to give a promo code for IAP's. IOW, promo codes just get the app for free.
Learning, creating, recording, and performing music on the iPhone and iPad...
http://www.iosmusician.com/
ruinernix
Synthesia Donor

Post by ruinernix »

I personally still can't wait for an iPad version. To the person above who suggested the remote control idea, logmein is free :)
swalker133

Post by swalker133 »

ruinernix wrote:I personally still can't wait for an iPad version.
Agreed. It's still going to be great.
Learning, creating, recording, and performing music on the iPhone and iPad...
http://www.iosmusician.com/
esanker

Post by esanker »

ruinernix wrote:I personally still can't wait for an iPad version. To the person above who suggested the remote control idea, logmein is free :)
The free version of logmein does not support watching videos or playing games on your remote computer. The pro version of logmein does but it costs $69.95 per year for 1 computer. Splashtop costs me $4.99. Your choice.

I am excited for an iPad version of Synthesia to be released, too. But this early, I am concerned I may not be able to run my favorite piano modelling software, Pianoteq, together with Synthesia for iPad.

Although, running Pianoteq and Synthesia for iPad together may work if Nicholas will implement network midi on Synthesia and using Tobias' rtpmidi for Windows.

Right now, I am very happy with my current setup. I just thought I'd share you, guys.

Cheers.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

esanker wrote:... if Nicholas will implement network midi on Synthesia and using Tobias' rtpmidi for Windows.
This looks like it's already working, even in my early MIDI test app.

I just followed the instructions here and when I got down to the part that first mentioned an iOS device ("Your iPad should be listed under 'Directory'") I didn't really understand. So I woke up my iPad, started the app, touched my "List Output Devices" testing button and "Network" was listed after all the usual suspects. As soon as I saw that, I looked up and my iPad was listed in the little setup window the way they showed in their screenshot.

That is sort of eerily easy to set up.

So, I just grabbed rtpMIDI to see and sure enough, it shows up there and I can connect just as easily. Looks like it's just built into CoreMIDI on the device. How cool.
esanker

Post by esanker »

That's great news! Now I will be able to connect my keyboard to my laptop running Pianoteq and rtpmidi instead of connecting my keyboard to the iPad. Then I can connect the iPad running Synthesia to rtpmidi via wifi.

That means I don't have to buy that stupid camera connection kit and save myself $29 and that setup will result in less latency than using the Loopbe1 method.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Alright, 0.8.3 has gone out the door. Locking this topic to redirect the conversation over to the official 0.8.4 development topic.

It's time. The iPad version is coming.