High latency problem

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
emzero

Post by emzero » 03-14-11 8:31 pm

Hi,

I'm trying Synthesia but it's unplayable because of the high latency I'm getting.

I don't know how to set it up to get lower latency but I do get perfectly good latency in other real-time audio software like Ableton Live (in which I can play my midi keyboard and listen the sound without any delay), Traktor Pro, etc.

I think the problem is because of the output device that Synthesia is using ('Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth'), which is probably too bad. I have an external sound card (Numark DJ IO) with built-in ASIO drivers, but I guess Synthesia doesn't support ASIO yet right?

Any ideas to improve the latency?

Thank you.

Midi Keyboard: Behringer UMX 610
Sound Card: Numark DJ IO

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 03-15-11 12:47 am

You can set up a virtual MIDI driver (LoopBe1 or Midi Yoke) to route Synthesia's output over to one of your other programs that use your hardware synth.

emzero

Post by emzero » 03-17-11 8:32 pm

Thank you, it perfectly worked =)