Synthesia doesn't recognize Yamaha keyboard

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

I finally pulled my Yamaha DGX-505 out of the dustworks, thinking this game can motivate me to learn a few new songs and get back into the swing of things. Sadly, when I plug it in through USB, it doesn't recognize it as being there, anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

P.S. I am running this on a Macbook Pro with OSX, and thank you in advance.

~Z
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you mean the keyboard isn't recognized by the OS, or just the game? Do you know if it works in another MIDI-enabled app, say, GarageBand?

If it works in other programs, is it listed in the "Input Device" box in the game, just not responding? Or is it missing completely from the Input Device list?

Hopefully I'll be able to help you from there.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

I was thinking about your suggestion, then it dawned on me that I may have to install a driver(I only had OSX for a week)

I got it recognized now by MAC OSX and Synthesia, you'll be seeing a donation from me shortly. Thank you for your quick response, and your efforts. :D