Avoid this MIDI to USB cable

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

KTinOhio wrote:Can you suggest a brand and/or model for a MIDI cable that will work well?
We have some recommendations on the Keyboards Help page. (Depending on which ports your computer/tablet has vs. which ports your keyboard has, there are different recommendations. So that page covers all the combinations.)
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

It seems like the E-MU MIDI to USB cable has been discontinued. Any recommendations for a good MIDI to USB cable? Is the MIO 1x1 a good cable?
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
hezik

Post by hezik »

I have the cable from the topic start, ordered it recently through alieexpress. Mine worked out of the box.

However, it did have a glitch where it wouldn't implement the sustain pedal signal correctly, resulting in the sustain pedal generating played notes.

Then I bought the Roland UM-one. This was, to me, still pretty affordable (around $50). This works perfect in every sense, including the sustain pedal.