Built in songs: folder missing?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
seventyfive

Post by seventyfive » 01-09-15 10:23 pm

Hi there -

I'm on a mac, upgraded to the new version 10, and I seem to have lost or somehow overwritten the built in songs - the ones previously included in the learning pack, now part of the unlocked package (I purchased as the learning pack).

From the forums, I gather they are supposed to be in documents/Synthesia Music but i don't have that folder, and can't find it via search.

Is there a link to download the built in songs somewhere, so that I can re-add them to the game?

Thanks!

Kristina

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 01-10-15 3:43 am

Hi Kristina,

Actually, in the Mac version things are even simpler. The songs are always bundled right inside the app so you don't have to worry about folders or paths.

Here's how to make sure things are showing up:
  1. Head to Settings.
  2. Click the "Songs" category.
  3. If there is a button at the bottom of the folder list that says "Include Built-In Songs", click it!
  4. Make sure the "Built-In Songs" entry in the list says "179 songs in all folders" off to the right.
  5. If not, click that entry and adjust the options until it does.
That should do it.

If things still aren't showing up in the song library, make sure you're at the top level (click the "Songs" box near the top-left corner of the screen) and double-check that the search box is empty by tapping the backspace key a few times.

seventyfive

Post by seventyfive » 01-10-15 3:09 pm

Hi - thanks for the fast response!

I don't see a button to include songs, and instead of a song count, my settings section just says Folder Missing!

Any other ideas to try?
Spoiler:
Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 12.08.08 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 12.08.08 PM.png (46.73 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 12.09.56 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-01-10 at 12.09.56 PM.png (41.07 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 01-10-15 8:59 pm

How strange!

Where do you have the Synthesia app located? Is it on a strange drive? Still in an archive? On the network someplace? Is it on a path with extended Unicode (non-English) characters?

(Normally none of those things should prevent the songs from showing up, so something is definitely amiss!)

seventyfive

Post by seventyfive » 01-11-15 1:12 pm

Nope, just on the main mac HD.

I'll try reinstalling, and see if that does the trick. Stay tuned...