How to load custom tunes onto the ipad App?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
mettam

Post by mettam »

Does the ipad app version of Synthesia work with file sharing? I've been trying to get a tune I downloaded from the net to be found in the ipad App version of Synthesia but after several attempts I dont think it works.

First when I open itunes Synthesia doesnt appear in the device Apps list. So Im left to assume Synthesia isnt built to work with itunes filesharing?

Is there a way to do it?

I am running Synthesia 10.2.4 on my ipad running iOS 9.2.1
My itunes is upto date
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, usually Synthesia shows up in the iTunes File Sharing list. Strange.

Another alternative is to use a (free) third-party app like iFunbox.

Easier than either of those is to just visit the same page you found the song on the iPad, tap it, and choose "Open in Synthesia".
mettam

Post by mettam »

I tried to open the midi file from the ipad but Synthesia wasnt listed as a option to open the midi file with. So I thought maybe something associated with the app is turned off in the ipad system settings and discovered Synthesia wasnt even listed there. I have paid to get full access to the app (unlocked) so I am finding this extremely disappointing.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Trying it in Safari just now (same specs: 10.2.4 and iOS 9.2.1) on the "page" for a MIDI file, I just tapped "Open in..." which shows an Airdrop list. The first entry in the list is "Copy to Synthesia".

Which browser are you using on your iPad?
mettam

Post by mettam »

Well that's encouraging you can do it. I just need to figure out why I cant do it.

I am using Safari too.

Maybe I should remove and reinstall Synthesia. I will have to try that tonight once I get home.
Rotkob

Post by Rotkob »

I have the same problem; Synthesis doesn't show at all in iTunes (latest software on both). But I transferred the file thanks to the advise mentioned, through air drop.