Synthesia Video Creator Unhandled Exception

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
JoeOTL

Post by JoeOTL »

I can't export using the Video Creator.

I open the creator, choose the settings and when I click "Export", I get the Unhandled Exception error message and nothing happens. I changed every setting and MIDI file to troubleshoot, except the "DLS Sound Set" which I'm not sure I can change. The error always happens.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We've heard a few reports like this one and are still trying to track down what's going wrong. Do you happen to know which video hardware your system has? Is it just the built-in integrated graphics (Intel or AMD) or do you know if you have a separate video card (Nvidia or AMD)? My current hypothesis is that this has to do with missing OpenGL 3.0 support in the computer's video hardware.
JoeOTL

Post by JoeOTL »

My video card is the AMD Radeon R9 270X, my OS is Windows 10. I managed to generate a .DMP file from the crash that happens when you "abort" the error message, is that useful and should I send it somewhere?

Edit: I tried everything from registry cleaning to updating drivers/OS, same error. I tried it in a laptop, same error. After some research I found out that this problem has been happening since 2015 and at this point, making it work is luck based. This is really disheartening, a big reason I bought this product was for recording, which for some reason stutters with Camtasia.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the wait on this. You can send the DMP file to support@synthesiagame.com and we'll take a look. Thanks!
filipslansky

Post by filipslansky »

I have the same problem. How come not fixed yet? Downloaded from the official website :/

What is the solution?!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm hoping to get a chance to finally look at this problem after the next Synthesia 11 dev preview goes out the door. (Keep an eye on the Development Updates section of the forum.)
Ronalds

Post by Ronalds »

Good day, Mr. Nicholas!
I have bug vith video creator, I can't export using the Video Creator. When open the creator, choose the settings and when I click "Export", I get the ''An unhandled exeption occurred. Press ''Abort'' to terminate the program, ''Retry'' to exit the program normaly and '' Ignore'' to try continue.

Can You help me ? :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the wait on this (I saw your email; I've been recovering from a stomach flu over the past couple days :( ).

That particular exception is still something we're investigating. All we know so far is that it happens on some computers but not on others. (In particular, it doesn't happen on any of our dev machines!) We haven't found any correlation yet with a particular type of graphics card or anything like that. Near the end of the Synthesia 11 dev cycle, we're going to do a feature and bug pass on the video creator, too. My goal is to change one of the technologies we're using then so that we have more hope of diagnosing what's going wrong.

So it'll be a bit of a wait until then, sorry! (In the meantime, if you've got any other computers nearby, it might be worth trying it on one of those.)