synthesia sound problem

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
alisaboson

Post by alisaboson »

hello there.
i just heard of synthesia about few days ago. so i thought its a really nice software for doing music and thats why i downloaded synthesia 10.3 .
the PROBLEM is-> i just clicked on the ''play a song'' and then ''watch and listen only'' and hoops the sound wont work for me..
so yes, i tried to look in google for the soloution but with alot of regret i found the the soloution is to do this steps : ''setting''-> ''music devices''->''music output''.
the PROBLEM is i cant even click on the music output because its empty, its just empty with nothing wrotten in it.
well again, i just downloaded synthesia , idk what is MIDI files and how and from where im downloading them. idk how to import music into synthesia . i know how to play on a piano for a few years but i just used another software that did for me the same problems with the sound so i just deleted her and downloded synthiesia . what is the problem with the sound also (this is my big problem from all ...) and how do i unlock synthiesia and why should i unlock it? dosnt the demo suggestion give me everything i need?
HELP ME PLEASE GOD!!!!!!! :( :( :o
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

What kind of computer system are you using to run Synthesia?

The demo version can only play about 2 dozen pre-selected songs. When you register Synthesia you can play any MIDI file. There are millions of MIDI files available on the internet. You can also make you own MIDI files with programs like the free MuseScore.

But don't register Synthesia until you work out your sound issue. Registration just unlocks the software you have. It won't make any difference on the sound.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
alisaboson

Post by alisaboson »

Hello sir, i have windows 8.1 64 b.
I understand.
Can u help me with the sound issue? Do u have any idea why this is happening? And what is the soloution.
Ty again,
Alisa.
If u need more details lemme know please.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Synthesia itself does not generate sound. It sends MIDI instructions to a MIDI synthesizer that then generates sound. Windows includes a MIDI synthesizer. So normally you get sound without having to do anything special. The only thing I can think of if nothing is listed under music output devices in the Synthesia Settings, is that the MIDI synthesizer was removed from your installation of Windows. At this point things start getting complicated. I'll defer to someone more experienced with Synthesia on a Windows computer at this point. Maybe they'll see something easy for you to try. Or at least they can be more specific about what you should do. Good luck! Getting Synthesia set up can be tricky but it is worth it.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
alisaboson

Post by alisaboson »

OK ill wait for help again (=,
ty for now.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, usually a completely empty Music Output list means that your computer's specific audio driver is missing or should be updated. That usually gets the built-in Microsoft synth to show back up in the list.

An alternative is to install some other (free) synth.
alisaboson

Post by alisaboson »

ok.
ill try this and let you know whats going on.
ty for your help .
alisa.