Android version: Can't type license key

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

Hello, I can't type my license key to Synthesia installed on my Asus Transformer tablet. I can type correctly only A-z characters, but when I try type numerical values, second digit replace first. I tried it with 3 keyboards (Asus, Android, Go keyboard) with this same result.

Janusz
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We just posted a new beta version of Synthesia yesterday that should have this problem fixed.

If you Become a Tester, an update should install for Synthesia that pushes it to version 11.0.4264. Let me know if you can type successfully in that one. Thanks!
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

I've installed this beta build, but issue still occurs.

Best,
Janusz
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Just to double-check, the number at the bottom-right on the title screen ends in 4264?
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

Yes, 4264.
My tablet: Asus Transformer tf300tg with dockable hardware keyboard, Android JB 4.2. Hardware keyboard doesn't work at all with Synthesia. I tried also disable support of dock keyboard in the tablet settings, but it haven't changed odd behavior (with digits) of touch keyboards with Synthesia.

Janusz
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm. We've got an Asus Transformer Pad TF103C with a hardware keyboard that also wasn't working correctly, until the fix that went into 4264. I was hoping that would fix it for all tablets.

Oh well. I just ordered a TF300T from eBay (I think the G just adds a 3G radio; and I couldn't find that version for sale). Hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

Exactly, only difference is embedded 3G modem.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It just arrived. I was able to reproduce the problem on the first try. (I also got the app to crash by docking the tablet while it was running and then tapping a text box.)

We'll try to get this fixed. Thanks for the report!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, I've been poking around trying to find anything out for the last couple hours... and I haven't been able to get any response from the keyboard whatsoever. (Connecting an external USB keyboard produces the same non-response.)

After lots of searching, I was only able to find one other instance of this sort of thing. (And they mentioned Asus and Android 4.1.x by name even though I wasn't searching for it.)

I found some other rumors that hardware and software keyboards used to deliver their input differently back in the 4.1 days. (Someone said this changed from 4.2 onward, but someone else disputed it. So I'm not sure which is correct.) In any event, trying to read input using the older-style hardware keyboard methods, the app still isn't seeing anything at all.

This is very strange! Unless we can find any other leads, this might have to be a specific hardware/android version incompatibility that we don't support. Sorry! The workaround for now is to disconnect the hardware keyboard temporarily and use the software keyboard when you need to type. I suppose the good news is that the frequency you need to type anything in Synthesia is very low.
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

Thank you for your effort and time. Actually using of hardware keyboard is not problem, if I could use software keyboard. Unfortunately, software keyboards also doesn't work correctly (this is main issue) with build 4624. So still I can't type license key. As I wrote in my previous post, I tried disable dock support in Asus settings, use different software keyboard (Go Keyboard, Android and Asus keyboard), but it doesn't fix typing issue (replacing of digit characters).
Janusz

Post by Janusz »

I found workaround. I unlocked Synthesia by using of keyboard voice typing feature.

Janusz
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, well I suppose that works. Sorry again for the trouble, but it's good to hear you found a way to do it. (I suppose the good news is that after unlocking, typing in Synthesia is completely optional. :? )