No Sound

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Stoni99

Post by Stoni99 »

I have no Sound.

Settings:
MusicInput is "Virtual Piano"
MusicOutput is " "

When i play Music from Youtube sound is ok.

Sorry for my english!
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

You need to select something for audio output.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, if nothing is appearing in the music output list, the culprit is usually a missing driver for your sound hardware. (It's entirely possible that the system can produce regular audio with the generic driver, but not show the built-in MIDI synth without your hardware-specific driver. That would explain YouTube still working.)

If you've recently formatted or restored from a backup, try visiting your computer manufacturer's website to look for an audio driver.
Stoni99

Post by Stoni99 »

I use Synthesia 8 months. Sound not work since 10 days.

When i new installet Synthesia. i lost my own finger hints?
Can i save my finger hints?
Can i copy my finger hints zu other PC's?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, with an empty list, it's probably a missing or malfunctioning audio driver.

Regarding finger hints: you can extract your finger hints to ".synthesia" metadata files that can be easily shared between computers or backed up. Details here.
Stoni99

Post by Stoni99 »

Yes! Thx!

I have new installed midi driver. Sound works again.
Now i have check metadata editor. I create from MySong.midi a new file MySong.synthesia and take it to the midi directory on other PC. Synthesia scann MySong.synthesia file an load finger hints. It works!