Bug in extra time in Practice Mode

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 » 06-10-09 8:13 am

Hello, I don´t know how to say well the bug in English , so I have made two midis to show it. You only have to play both midis in Practice Mode but don´t play notes. The extra time starts to "run" 1 or 2 seconds after Synthesia is waiting for you play the correct note. This little bug is always if the first measure of the midi doesn't start with a note and starts with a silent.
Attachments
cold.mid
(536 Bytes) Downloaded 333 times
Eva.mid
(292 Bytes) Downloaded 343 times
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 06-11-09 1:08 am

I can confirm the problem.

The leading silence at the beginning of songs has been haunting me since before the very first release. I thought I'd stamped out all those problems.

It'll be fixed before the next preview. (I'd fix it immediately, but right now device input and output are both torn apart and disabled, so the only valid track mode is "Visible Only" which doesn't let you use practice mode. :D )

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 07-05-09 2:13 am

This should be fixed in preview r621. Please let me know. Thanks again for the report!