No Bass line/ Left hand being played audibly

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Nezzle

Post by Nezzle »

Hi, I'm very new to using Synthesia, currently i use a Nord Electro 4 HP alongside a macbook pro. My Synthesia is the free version of 10.3.4077. I am having an issue where any midi song i try to watch and listen to, the melody in the right hand is being played through my keyboard's speakers as intended but the left hand does not. When i switch the audio output to the macbook speakers both hands are audible. Any help or advice is much appreciated.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If I had to guess, it's because the right hand in most songs is usually sent using MIDI channel 1. Here are a couple things to try:

1. Dig around in your keyboard's settings for something along the lines of a "MIDI Receive Channel". If you can, set it to "Omni". That will accept input from all channels, which is what you want.

2. In the event that you can't find something like an "Omni" setting on your keyboard, the workaround in Synthesia is to go to pick your device from the Music Output list and change the "MIDI Channel" from "Omni" to "Channel 1".

(Assuming my hypothesis is correct, #2 will definitely fix the problem but the trade-off is that sending all notes on one channel means you'll only be able to have one instrument active at a time and no percussion. So #1 is what you really want.)