How to erase scores.

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Crunchie

Post by Crunchie »

:?: I'm with a school district that has Synthesia license (Garden City Schools, NY) ... need to instruct our I.T. team to how the students can be permitted to get to that App Data folder I use to use. They're all blocked but our I.T. people might be able to unlock a shortcut on desktop to get to the score file that can refresh (by deleting) to as if NO SCORES are there.

Problem stems from many student using same computer and collecting massive amounts of scores.

Is there an internal (inside program) way to delete all scores and default to 'new', fresh 'no scores' ?

Thanks.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yes. Follow the "Advanced Setup" instructions on this page.

If you place a fresh/empty "scores.xml" (and "songProgressCache.xml") in the system-wide location, all score data will be wiped automatically each time the app is started.