No sound output from Synthesia. Input seems fine.

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
h2fscotty

Post by h2fscotty »

Piano: Kawai ES110
Interface: Roland UA-25EX

I'm connected via midi and my piano works fine with VSTs in my DAW. I can hear the piano fine through my computer, can record, use piano VSTs etc. But I can't get any audio output from Synthesia. I have it set up like this:

https://i.imgur.com/sxteYjb.png

When I test the output, it registers my key presses just fine but I don't hear any sound at all. If I play a song, I don't hear anything either.

Am I missing something obvious? I am quite new to this. Running Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Do you have any other MIDI-enabled apps (like your DAW) open at the same time? (Even a Chrome tab with a page that uses WebMIDI counts!)

Usually the first app that tries to communicate with a keyboard will end up with exclusive access to it. So if anything else has the keyboard "opened", Synthesia won't be able to output to it.