Synthesia sound is stuck on "Acoustic Piano"

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
redi4life2

Post by redi4life2 »

After I would finish loading a MIDI file of different instrument sounds into synthesia to be played, each MIDI track would all play as the "Acoustic Piano" sound synthesia has. Another thing is when I am in "Free Play" mode any option I choose to change the instrument will be played as "Acoustic Piano".
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Which "Music Output" device are you using (on the Settings screen)? And where are you running Synthesia? Windows, Mac, iPad, or Android?
redi4life2

Post by redi4life2 »

I'm on a mac using Synthesia 10.3. Music Output I'm not really sure but "My Notes", "Background Intsruments" and etc are all enabled except for the last two options, which I believe are Key Notes and Local Notes
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Are you sending output to your keyboard (and does your keyboard have more than just piano sounds)? Or is your Mac playing the sounds for you?