OneDrive folders not shown in Synthesia after W10 update

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
SyntaxNull

Post by SyntaxNull »

I keep all of my midis in my OneDrive folder (makes syncing easy across two devices). With the new Windows 10 creators update, I can no longer find my OneDrive folder in Synthesia when trying to add songs.

What's strange though, is that on one computer I already have the folder added, but I still cannot find OneDrive in Synthesia's file explorer (see below)
https://imgur.com/a/J5oCU

EDIT: FIXED. To view the OneDrive folder (or any folder that isn't showing in Synthesia), put a Midi in the folder, right click it in explorer, and click "Play in Synthesia". Then, go back to Synthesia settings, Songs, Add Folder, and you should be able to see the 'hidden' folder.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's an interesting workaround. Hmm.

Do you suppose this is because OneDrive now only downloads files on-demand instead of always downloading their entire contents? I wonder if apps need to use a different Windows API to ask for the list of files that could be there, vs. the list of files that are actually on the disk at that particular moment.