keeping fingers hints

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
meirppp

Post by meirppp »

Hi Nicoholas
After i work on a midi file with midi editor- the syntesia dosent remember the fingers hints.
What can i do?

Thanks
Meir
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Once a song is edited, Synthesia doesn't have a good way to recognize that it's the same song. (It uses a file hash to determine exactly-identical copies of songs; once a single note is changed or the tempo altered by 1 BPM or any other microscopic change to a single byte of the file's contents, the resulting hash will be different.)

One strategy to try and get things to match up again after edits is to use the Synthesia Metadata Editor. Export your finger hints to a .synthesia file before editing the MIDI. Then, after editing, use the "Retarget" button for that entry in the metadata file to point it at the new version of the MIDI.

There's no guarantee that the finger hints will still match up (even a little!), although depending on the nature of the edit, there is a good chance some of them will be preserved. If they don't match (things like all hints being shifted one note forward or backward are completely possible), it's probably less work to just wipe out the finger hints field and start from scratch. Still, it might be worth a shot on longer songs.
meirppp

Post by meirppp »

"There's no guarantee that the finger hints will still match up (even a little!)"

I tried this method and you are right,

May be someone else have a solution?

Best Regards

Meir