UI Zoomed in on external monitor

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
trujano

Post by trujano »

Hi,

I just purchased this software (10.4.4395) and I'm trying to use it with an external monitor on my macbook. On the mac's display, the UI shows correctly and the app works, however on an external monitor (1920x1080) the app "zooms" in and is unusable.
UI on an external display
UI on an external display
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 11.08.13 PM.png (208.47 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
How can I get the UI to display correctly?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry, for the trouble. This is a known issue.

Right-click the app in Finder, Get Info, and check the "Open in Low Resolution" box. That should get it to show up correctly on the external monitor (until we are able to fix it the right way).
trujano

Post by trujano »

That fixed it. Thanks for the quick reply.
killroy42

Post by killroy42 »

I have a similar bu slightly different problem. Perhaps it is related.

I installed Synthesia on my Desktop and Laptop, both up-to-date Windows 10. On the desktop it's fine, but on the laptop the top, blue bar is cut off and the piano is massively zoomed in. Of course I don't have "Finder" options in Windows 10. What are my options?

PS: Both systems have 4k screens.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is due to the DPI scaling setting on your laptop. With 4k at 13", they may have you scaled all the way up to 400%, which would tell Synthesia it should be drawing at an effective 960x540 pixels (which will cut things off the way you described).

Hold Shift while launching Synthesia. Find the "Graphics.ScaleOverride" setting in the drop-down box. Type a 1 in the box.

Does that help? (If that's too tiny, try a 2.)