Renaming MIDI Files

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
RoyalAce

Post by RoyalAce »

Hi, I’m new to Synthesia and am trying to figure out how to rename the MIDI files I import into It. I found a MIDI of ‘Claire de Lune’ by Debussy but the title is a garbled string of letters and numbers and I would really like to know if anyone could tell me if there is a way to rename a MIDI file on iPad.

My perfectionism really wants the actual title instead of the MIDI file name. So far I have been unable to find a MIDI app for the iPad that lets me import a file, change the name, and then copy it to Synthesia. If anyone has a suggestion it would be really helpful.

I also only have Synthesia for the iPad and not the computer as I cant’t afford the computer version :/ So any IOS apps that you can recommend that allow me to do this would be most welcome. Thanks! :D
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If you don't mind waiting just a little longer, Synthesia 10.5 will include support for the new Files app that Apple added to iOS 11. So, you'll be able to "look inside" the list of files you've added to Synthesia and rename, manage, move, create folders, etc. (in addition to other useful tasks like copying songs into the app in bulk).

Normally I try not to give release date estimates, but for Synthesia 10.5 in particular there is a critical bug fix (related to a possible breaking change in an upcoming Windows 10 feature update) that we have to beat Microsoft's release date. That way, when their broken OS goes out the door our answer to "why does Synthesia always crash now" can just be "download the latest version". :lol:

Their estimate is around April/May, so I'm hoping to have 10.5 finished ahead of that.