Keyboard not working with Synthesia. Have tried everything!

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
glib

Post by glib »

I have a Korg SV-1 that was lent to me to start learning piano. I have downloaded Synthesia but the piano just wont show up in the program settings

List of things I've done:

Installed the driver from the Korg website
Restarted the programs and my computer
Tried multiple usb ports
Ran the UpperFilters utility

I think it must be something to do with the registry? I have used a Logitech Webcam in the past but have taken the steps to fix it but my keyboard still won't work in the program.

I am using a usb to host connection with windows 10 and game version 10.4.4395

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention is the keyboard works in a free DAW that I downloaded and also shows up in Device Manager but wont even detect in Synthesia.

Edit 2: I was reinstalling the driver when I noticed it says it's corrupt when I try to uninstall it. Does this mean anything? I am a noob with all of this. I have reinstalled it but it says corrupted every time. See here.

https://i.imgur.com/Q9woPcl.png
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Try this:
1. Hold your Shift key while launching Synthesia (to open the configuration window).
2. Find the "Midi.UseWinRTMidi" entry in the Setting drop-down box.
3. Remove the check mark from the "Value" box.

That should be it. Once you close the configuration window and start Synthesia normally, does your Korg show up in the device list on the Settings screen?
glib

Post by glib »

It still doesn't show up. It shows up in Synthesia when I plug it in to my laptop but still not my PC. I've even reinstalled windows.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Have you been able to get it to show up in any other MIDI-enabled apps either? That is usually a good double-check to see whether it's your system having trouble communicating with the keyboard or if it's Synthesia specifically.

Try downloading the free MIDI-OX utility and see if your keyboard shows up or responds there. If not, this is probably a better question for Roland's support team.