ABSOLUTE exploit!

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
soryy708

Post by soryy708 » 07-04-09 4:02 pm

I am going to buy a MIDI keyboard tomorrow, till then I use my PC typing keyboard.
Guess what I figured out?
Try playing the 'Cat Dance' (or 'Dog Waltz') that I uploaded here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=913
You will figure out it is IMPOSSIBLE!
There are 2 notes that are ment to be plaid together, but they are at diffrent octaves. And what else? I must scroll faster then a blink of an eye, and press the correct key. Why? As said previously, those are ment to be plaid together. Just download the MIDI file, and see yourself!

hydra

Post by hydra » 07-05-09 9:13 am

Use a keyboard with more than one octave?

soryy708

Post by soryy708 » 07-05-09 12:46 pm

What I was saying is, I didnt have a MIDI controller yesterday (I got mine just now)
And if you play with a typing keyboard, you have just 1 octave.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 07-05-09 2:59 pm

Yeah, it's kind of broken for now. The #4 (at the time of this writing) feature voting item "Input Device Boundaries" will give me a chance to fix it.

That one mostly has to do with real keyboards, but it will introduce a mode where anything outside your range (in the dark gray areas) will be played for you automatically regardless of track mode, and not count for or against your score.

With all the variability out there with keyboard sizes (from a single octave to 88 keys), I'm not sure I can do any better.

soryy708

Post by soryy708 » 07-05-09 3:46 pm

cool.
btw i already tried playing with my brand new Yamaha, it has... 6 and a half octaves