Built-in Moonlight Sonata (harder level) error

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
cmplays

Post by cmplays »

In measures 29 & 30, the arpeggio is for RH, not LH!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Nice catch. The finger hints are correctly specified as right-hand, but the hand split has wrongly assigned them to the left hand.

Changing which part notes belong to will break all pre-existing scores for everyone on those songs. And, all of the built-in songs are going to be reworked as MusicXML versions for Synthesia 11... so maybe the new MusicXML version will be the right place to fix it. If we're already breaking everyone's scores, I'd rather not do it twice in a row for that particular song.
cmplays

Post by cmplays »

Well, I don't really expect you to fix this immediately, just posting these here so you're aware of the things that might need to get fixed eventually. For myself, if I see any fingering or hand split errors, I just fix them.
wacher

Post by wacher »

Nicholas wrote:Changing which part notes belong to will break all pre-existing scores for everyone on those songs.
Oh, yes yes :evil:

This is the reason why asked this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8671&p=43488#p43488

When I found some mistake in a midi file, my progress is gone.
(but not anymore because I figured out how to hack the xml files to preserve former scores :lol: )