Hello. I can't connect my keyboard (CASIO CTK-800)

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
KristianTrøgstad

Post by KristianTrøgstad » 07-05-09 6:35 pm

hi. I can not connect to my keyboard to my PC (Windows Vista Home Premium). I've tried everything! I've tried to download many different drivers, but none of them are responding. please, help me.

Kristian

P.S I'm sorry for the bad english.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 07-05-09 6:50 pm

How are you trying to connect it?

Does it have a USB port?

Or, are you trying to use a USB-to-MIDI adapter?

KristianTrøgstad

Post by KristianTrøgstad » 07-05-09 9:46 pm

I am using a USB-cable, from the keyboard to the computer, yes it has a USB.port. When i connect i got a message that it is a unknown device. and when the computer searches for drivers, so it comes out that there are not any.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » 07-05-09 11:57 pm

That's strange because Casio doesn't list any USB drivers for that one. I did see a post somewhere that said they should be on the installation CD that came with the keyboard, but it only mentioned Windows 95 and XP. I'd guess that Vista should just have them built in.

Maybe you could contact Casio support to see what they say about your device being unrecognized.

soryy708

Post by soryy708 » 07-06-09 6:06 am

or contact the shop you bought it at and request to exchange it for something ur computer WILL accept a driver...

KristianTrøgstad

Post by KristianTrøgstad » 07-06-09 9:08 am

well, the shop where I bought the keyboard is bankrupt, but I will try to contact support, however, thanks