Bug: Note bar does not turn to next on ipad mini

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
tilmanj

Post by tilmanj »

Hi, I really love synthesia and use it a lot to learn piano.

I turned off that the keys are falling down because I actually want to learn the notes. But sometimes, when the note bars are too long, it will not turn to the next bar, so I have to play „blind“ untill I hit the right note so it continues. Is there a way to fix it? I can sent the midi files where that happens.

One other small thing I want to suggest: The bar where the faults are counted are on the note sheet. Is it possible to have it under it or move it?

Thanks for the great work :-)
Tilman
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

tilmanj wrote:... when the note bars are too long, it will not turn to the next bar...
Did you mean that the sheet music won't do it's "page flip" effect, or when it does there is an empty hole on the left side until the page flip completes? (This is a known issue that will be fixed in Synthesia 10.5.)

Or were you talking about the falling note blocks?
tilmanj wrote:The bar where the faults are counted are on the note sheet.
This is another bug, but there is a workaround: at the start of the song, tap the sheet music button twice. That will hide and then show the sheet music, but now the score box (and praise text) will be moved down where they are supposed to be. That will also be fixed in the 10.5 update.
tilmanj

Post by tilmanj »

Hey, thanks for the answer! So everything will be fixed in the next version :-)
Yes I meant that sometimes when the bar is too long, it doesn‘t flip. But I think it‘s more because the last notes of the bar are not showing because my screen is too small. I have to check that when it happens the next time and will attach an image eventually.

I realized another thing: When I play „practice rythm“ mode, the encouriging text (e.g. „good“, „7 in a row!“) appears directly on the notes, so I cannot read the notes anymore..
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That has the same workaround (and will also be fixed in 10.5): tap the sheet music icon twice. The praise text should move down below the sheet music along with the statistics box.