need some help

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
chikitalinda

Post by chikitalinda »

hi.... I just downloaded synthesia and I have some questions about it... I noticed that some songs are shown with two or more colors, what are those colors for? First I thought one was for the left hand and the other for the right hand but what if there are 3 or 4 colors? Is it possible to have one color for each hand so it would be easier to play?

the other question is maybe related to a bug of the game.... I just don't know ifr I'm the only one with this problem. On the home screen, where the title of the song is shown, I suppose I could click on that to change the song I want to learn... but each time I do that Synthesia freezes and I have to restart it. So now I just turn it off and restart it to play another song... Is there an easier way to do that? Is there something I can do so it won't freeze when I click on the title?

Thank you very much
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

chikitalinda wrote:the other question is maybe related to a bug of the game.... I just don't know ifr I'm the only one with this problem. On the home screen, where the title of the song is shown, I suppose I could click on that to change the song I want to learn... but each time I do that Synthesia freezes and I have to restart it. So now I just turn it off and restart it to play another song... Is there an easier way to do that? Is there something I can do so it won't freeze when I click on the title?
This is the first time I have read a bug like this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dowload the last Preview of the game , You can find it here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=916 and forget that bug. (to dowonload see at the top of the web in the "pink box")
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Choul

Post by Choul »

And....

about the different colors: it depends on how the midi file is made and sometimes you get a midi file with just one track (one color) and other times with lots of colors. Just teasing: don't you have more hands than two ? ;) Some hobbyists are making midi files just for fun, not for learning.

You can download some easy pieces in the subforum Learning the piano, they have two tracks (in case you only have a left and right hand like the most of us).
If you can play them depends on your experience with the piano, have you ever played the piano or keyboard before?
chikitalinda

Post by chikitalinda »

Thank you very much...

well I can play a little and I dowloaded the game to get better! I'm starting piano classes in september
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

I hope you can enjoy and learn a lot with Synthesia.
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
soryy708

Post by soryy708 »

when synthesia freezes, just minimize it, you will see the song selection screen.
if you hit the minimize button on ur keyboard and it dosent work, hit ALT CTRL DELETE, and it will minimize it.

about the colors, its more like 1 color for each hand, but if ur expirianced u can chose 2 colors for each hand (meaning that each hand will have to play more notes).