My instruments are playing the sounds of other instruments??

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
OmgFloppySeal

Post by OmgFloppySeal »

I recently got Synthesia 10.3.4096 on Windows 10, planning on reproducing a piano concerto on Musescore and then onto Synthesia. I write down the music on Musescore, export it as a midi file, and play it on Synthesia. But after a while, I started running into problems where the flute, oboe, clarinet, etc. started playing strings or piano instead of their own sounds. And it would act erratically too, e.g playing flute in the beginning but then changing into strings after, or playing their own sounds in the Hands, Colours, and Instruments tab but not when it plays on the actual program. I don't think it is because of the music itself, because it worked fine in the beginning. I tried experimenting with the different channels in the Key Lights section of settings, and it does change the sounds slightly, but I have still not found a way into fixing it. I'm new to Synthesia, so I don't really know how things work. Is there any way of fixing this? Am I doing something wrong here? Is it because of Musescore possibly?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Does this get any better if you use Synthesia 10.4? There were some instrument-related bug fixes in that update.
OmgFloppySeal

Post by OmgFloppySeal »

I just tried using v10.4 but it still has the same problems... do you have any other suggestions?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I can take a look at the MIDI file to see if MuseScore is inserting anything strange or doing something unconventional. You can either attach something here or send it to support@synthesiagame.com and I'll take a look!