Ultrawide Monitor - Dsplay Problems

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
gwales

Post by gwales »

I have a new MacBook Pro and downloaded Synthesia. I haven't used it for about 5 years. My main monitor is an LG 34" ultrawide. I'm running Mojave on the Mac.

I downloaded the latest version and opened it. The app shows some giant text on my ultrawide display, but as if I'm only looking at a quarter of the normal window. When I drag the window to my Mac monitor, it's normal.

I can't see any controls in the app for display settings and I have never come across this behaviour in any app before. Looking on the web I can see ultrawides can cause problems with font rendering and other stuff, but not windows downsizing with giant text.

Any ideas?
gwales

Post by gwales »

OK, I used 'clamshell' mode and it fixed it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Interesting, I'm not sure I know what "clamshell" mode is.

Otherwise, if it's the problem that I think it is, you can also solve it by right-clicking the app, going to Show Info, and choosing "Open in Low Resolution Mode". (We're hoping to finally have that bug fixed in the Synthesia 10.6 update.)