Different composers' midi files (empty)

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Choul

Post by Choul »

15 little pieces added by Beethoven for intermediate level 2, see the 3rd post of this topic
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added 6 little Scottisch Dances by Friedrich Kuhlau for intermediate level 1 (or end beginners), see 2nd post in this topic
Choul

Post by Choul »

10 pieces added by Mozart, see intermediate level 2
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added intermediate level 3: Caro mio ben by Giordani and Old folks at home with variations by Stephen Foster

Added intermediate level 2: 2 Rondino's by Czerny based on melodies from operas by Carl Mario von Weber
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added 4 Czerny Rondinos for intermediate level 3: Air de Chasse/Hunting Song; Air Swisse; Home Sweet Home; The Last Rose of Summer
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added pieces by Johann Sebastian Bach, Franz Joseph Haydn and one by Albert Ellmenreich for intermediate level 2
Choul

Post by Choul »

added for intermediate level 3, In the May by Franz Behr and Tambourin by Jean-Philippe Rameau
Choul

Post by Choul »

Te Deum Prelude by Marc-Antoine Charpentier known as the Eurovision Tune, see intermediate level 3
Choul

Post by Choul »

4 pieces added by Theodore Oesten and 1 by Franz Dietz for intermediate level 2
Choul

Post by Choul »

4 pieces added by Robert Schumann, 1 by Cesar Franck and 2 by Henry Purcell for intermediate level 2
Choul

Post by Choul »

Ave Maria (medium difficult version) composed by Charles Gonoud based on Bach prelude and a polka by William Sudds for intermediate level 3;
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I've been meaning to ask... with all the wonderful work you've been doing here (you've said you're actually the one arranging these, right?) did you want me to include any of this work with the full distribution of Synthesia? I'm also guessing the original works have all passed into the public domain, right?
Choul

Post by Choul »

Nicholas wrote:I've been meaning to ask... with all the wonderful work you've been doing here (you've said you're actually the one arranging these, right?) did you want me to include any of this work with the full distribution of Synthesia? I'm also guessing the original works have all passed into the public domain, right?
Hello Nicholas,

Thanks.
I'm making the midi files myself yes with lilypond, all of it. That means I have the source (.ly files) too. I know from every piece (except for 1 piece as far as I can remember) I make on what sheet music it is based and all of it -the sheet music - is as far as my knowledge goes in the public domain. A few pieces of sheet music have a different license (creative commons without any restrictions) because those are transcriptions made by somebody else based on public domain sheets (midi files made by me). Most of it is coming from the http://www.imslp.org libary, that makes it a lot easier for me to know if it's public domain stuff or not for the EU and the USA. Yes you can include it in Synthesia if you want, but I don't know if it's wise right now - maybe better if you reach version 1.0? - because I have to make corrections sometimes if I have made mistakes and I can't maintain it anymore if you include it with Synthesia. And it would be an awful job for you to download every piece I make - somewhere around 80 to 100 pieces for each level. :) What do you think about it, do you want to include it with Synthesia? The most important thing for me - you know that already don't you? - is that it is free for everyone.

BTW I use a spreadsheet for all of the pieces so I can always look up where it is coming from and what I have. Maybe we can use that when you 're ready to make online access to pieces for everyone to import the information I have. Is that an idea?
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Choul, I repeat again, your work is awesome!!!
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Choul

Post by Choul »

Thanks vicentefer! :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, I wasn't sure so I was just throwing the idea out there. (Of course they'd be free and available to everyone! They already are here on the forums, I'd just help get them out in other people's hands easier so they can appreciate all the effort you've spent on these works. :) )

In either case, if you wanted to wait until a later release or until we have the online library thing, that works too. Just say the word.
Choul

Post by Choul »

Nicholas wrote:Yeah, I wasn't sure so I was just throwing the idea out there. (Of course they'd be free and available to everyone! They already are here on the forums, I'd just help get them out in other people's hands easier so they can appreciate all the effort you've spent on these works. :) )

In either case, if you wanted to wait until a later release or until we have the online library thing, that works too. Just say the word.
What you can do is let people know about it, that they can get more pieces on this forum. An other thing we can do is make a selection for every level with say somewhere around 20 or 30 pieces to include those with Synthesia and give a direction to this forum and wait for the other ones until you're ready with the online library (don't work to hard please, so I have more time ;) ) or until the release of version 1. I was thinking about it, but it looks to me - maybe I'm wrong - that it is a whole difference if you can select a piece - from this forum or an online library where you have a lot of files to choose from - or when you have a directory with all those files, that can be too much for some people. Anyway, as long as I can maintain it, it makes no difference for me. I think the most important thing is that people know about it when they are interested in the classical stuff. Options enough to choose from, just let me know. But if you are not sure yourself, just wait until you know what feels okay for you to do. In the meantime those pieces are available right here. :)
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added 3 Sonatinas by Steibelt, Clementi and Diabelli for intermediate level 3 and 1 menuet by Mozart
Choul

Post by Choul »

Added 3 pieces in level 5 (by Gonoud, Mozart and Bach) and 1 in level 8 (piano cover of Ave Maria by Schubert transcription by Stephen Heller) and
for level 4 Loreley by Friedrich Silcher
Choul

Post by Choul »

3 pieces added by Gustav Lange for intermediate level 2