Page 1 of 3

Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 06-01-10 10:24 am
by TonE
I prepared finally something for all Synthesia users.

Here some info about the files:
The files have following properties:
- all files are in 100 bpm
- there are no program change events, simply select the sound you prefer on your synthesizer or keyboard
- all notes are in the pitch range from 36 to 96, this means you can play them on any five octave keyboard, even without having Synthesia's range feature ready yet. :)
- all notes on midi channel 1 have DO RE MI lyrics added
- some files have splitted shorter or smaller or decomposed versions, here the shortcuts used in the file names have meanings as follows: HM means Higher Melody, LM means Lower Melody, IM means Inbetween Melody, TS means Tonic Structure, R means Right hand only, sometimes LM means Last Motive.

Have fun with Synthesia! :-)

UPDATE:
Czerny 01..10 with fingering added. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1794&p=22515#p22515

UPDATE:
Czerny 11..20 with fingering added. viewtopic.php?p=31859#p31859

Spicing up a little:

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 06-23-10 7:45 am
by Seanpek
This is awesome, thanks. Nicholas should sticky this.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 06-23-10 12:03 pm
by Nicholas
Seanpek wrote:Nicholas should sticky this.
Alright. ;)

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-17-10 7:41 am
by Electrode
I know the Hanon exercises are lifted verbatim from "The Virtuoso Pianist", but which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-17-10 7:51 am
by TonE
Electrode wrote:which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?
http://books.google.de/books?id=14huH-S ... &q&f=false

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-17-10 4:14 pm
by vicentefer31
Hi, when Synthesia can show the fingerings in the falling notes, those midis (Hanon an Czerny) are going to be very useful.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-18-10 6:03 pm
by TonE
TonE wrote:
Electrode wrote:which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?
http://books.google.de/books?id=14huH-S ... &q&f=false
Or here: http://henseltlibrary.wordpress.com/a-d/ and here is the pdf link on that page directly: http://henseltlibrary.files.wordpress.c ... eister.pdf , thanks to Choul who sent me this information.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-19-10 8:59 am
by Nicholas
Hmm, I'm a little unclear on the copyright issues involved with these files.

I understand the music itself is old enough, but Choul was just describing to me the other day that the transcription/publication date of the music by a publishing company also mattered. That MIDI files made from sheet music that itself wasn't published prior to 1923 (or the appropriate year for the country it was published in) are still also an illegal use...

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-19-10 4:48 pm
by Choul
Nicholas wrote:Hmm, I'm a little unclear on the copyright issues involved with these files.

I understand the music itself is old enough, but Choul was just describing to me the other day that the transcription/publication date of the music by a publishing company also mattered. That MIDI files made from sheet music that itself wasn't published prior to 1923 (or the appropriate year for the country it was published in) are still also an illegal use...
That's true that it makes a difference on what sheet music it is based on, that's why I gave Tone a link to public domain sheet music :oops: and I had my doubts about the other one because it states clearly at the bottom of the page that it is copyrighted. But it looks like he didn't understand what I meant with it. So I don't know on which sheet music TonE made those files, I only know that at least one version on the Internet is in the public domain and that's the link I gave him, not the link he provided in the first place.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 07-19-10 5:09 pm
by TonE
Choul, do not worry, I understood, only why should I delete the first google books link, it is just the book preview of google books, then google should shut down google books preview, my point was only to give Electrode the information he wanted, nothing else.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 10-06-10 3:56 pm
by nick85
Awesome, thanks so much!

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-07-10 9:14 am
by slashd
Awesome, thanks for making this!

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 01-19-11 8:06 pm
by edwintheguru
thanks bro it really helpfull :)

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 05-28-11 11:16 am
by est
TonE wrote:I prepared finally something for all Synthesia users.

Here some info about the files:
The files have following properties:
- all files are in 100 bpm
- there are no program change events, simply select the sound you prefer on your synthesizer or keyboard
- all notes are in the pitch range from 36 to 96, this means you can play them on any five octave keyboard, even without having Synthesia's range feature ready yet. :)
- all notes on midi channel 1 have DO RE MI lyrics added
- some files have splitted shorter or smaller or decomposed versions, here the shortcuts used in the file names have meanings as follows: HM means Higher Melody, LM means Lower Melody, IM means Inbetween Melody, TS means Tonic Structure, R means Right hand only, sometimes LM means Last Motive.

Have fun with Synthesia! :-)

This totally made my week rock!

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 05-30-11 1:21 am
by DC64
So what about fingerings for here?

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-19-11 8:52 am
by TonE
Fingerings for Czerny 01 you can find here as a starting example. Soon you can write your fingerings yourself, quickly and easily, if you have a book or pdf in front of you, matching to your .mid.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-19-11 8:54 am
by TonE
vicentefer31 wrote:Hi, when Synthesia can show the fingerings in the falling notes, those midis (Hanon an Czerny) are going to be very useful.
This time has come already, now we need to write those fingerings only. :) If anybody should write a fingering for any Hanon or Czerny exercise, do not forget to share the "TonE text format" also here, thanks. Also if you are planning to write some, you can write here which you are planning to write, soon, meaning within a week or so.

Further examples for TonE text formats, you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3456
There are examples for Czerny01 and Czerny05..Czerny10.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-19-11 9:09 am
by TonE
TonE wrote:Also if you are planning to write some, you can write here which you are planning to write, soon, meaning within a week or so.
Ok, I do the starting, here my claim: I will write Czerny01..Czerny10 fully, meaning writing the missing ones Czerny02..Czerny04. Within a week, starting from now.

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-19-11 10:33 am
by TonE
Here are Czerny 01..10 with fingering. Enjoy!

Re: Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Posted: 11-19-11 4:19 pm
by Nicholas
Remember you can combine .synthesia files into a single one to make your folder structure less noisy. :D