Scales and arpeggios MIDI files

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
viren

Post by viren »

Thanks for these Electrode, they really helped. The fingering information was invaluable. At first I drilled the right hand fingerings of the major scales into my head which took a couple of weeks. Then I tried playing the left hand versions without looking at the fingering you wrote and was pleased to see that most of my fingerings were identical to what you suggested.

Now onto the minors!
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Why dont you make a book on the MIDI's "The Ultimate Piano Warm Up"
"And now for something completely different."
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

Haha - well, I might make a book some day, who knows?

In other news, I'm back! Finally, after a crazy Christmas season and an busy start to the new year, I'll be making more scales and arpeggio MIDI files in the coming weeks.
DC64

Post by DC64 »

Maby you could make a midi that sounds like this:
(by a random youtuber)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGiGALY-XE
Last edited by DC64 on 02-25-11 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And now for something completely different."
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

These are all midis created by Electrode so far, which I have at least, I just removed all the midi markers which contain the word "end", keeping only the "start" midi markers, so inter-bookmark segments can be used better in Arcade Mode, meaning those segments without any notes are removed in this way.

noem. should be the shortcut for "no end markers". :-)
Attachments
Electrode Midis No End Markers.zip
Electrode Midis without any end markers
(29.54 KiB) Downloaded 667 times
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Thank you Tone can be usefull
TieDyeGuy

Post by TieDyeGuy »

Is anyone adding fingering to all of Electrode's midis? I will volunteer but I may not have time for a week or more. If no one has done it by the time I return I will use the ones modified by TonE (if that is okay) and repost them here.
Thanks - tdg
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best. - FRANK ZAPPA
stephenhazel

Post by stephenhazel »

I'd think you'ld only want to put fingering where you thumb under or use a different finger on a black key...
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

In the graded exam scale books I study from (and use to teach), all fingerings for every scale are notated fully, with a finger number for each note, but only in the first octave. After the first octave, only hand position changes (e.g. from finger 3 to finger 1, or finger 4 to finger 1) are notated.
hoiung

Post by hoiung »

thanks for all the hardwork contributing to helping the community and sharing! I downloaded them all :D
hoiung

Post by hoiung »

Hi,

I'm seem to be having problems wit Variations.Broken Chords for Synthesia.rar. get a load of errors when unpacking. Possible for you to compress and upload again?

thanks,

hoi
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

Quick update! It's been AGES.

New scales and arpeggios are coming! I have started work on them as of yesterday. These will be chromatic (instead of based on the circle of fifths), will have Synthesia fingerings, and will be much more extensive. These will function more as drills and not just standard scales. Standard scales will of course be included, but they'll be much more interesting this time around.

Some of these will be quite advanced (ABRSM Grade 7 upward), and I will be trying to augment these new scales with some music theory.

I will most likely post them in a new topic and link to it from here, unless they would be better kept as part of this topic. What do you think? New topic, or just continue this one?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That sounds awesome. That new set should complement the new "Goals" stuff coming in 0.8.3 that I haven't talked about at all yet). (It's a pretty automatic feature that you don't have to tailor your MIDI files to in any way... so carry on!

Otherwise, a new topic might be better. Then you could capture the top post and put everything there where it's easily accessible (and just edit it for subsequent content you add). At that point I could un-sticky this one and sticky that one instead to the top of this section of the forum.
Jae

Post by Jae »

How do I get the fingering hints to show on the keys? I notice there is a txt file explaining the fingering keys (although confusing to read for me), but how can I copy those onto the notes? What file are the fingering hint saved in? Please help, that's the hardest part of learning scales and songs... fingers get literally tied up in knots and it's impossible to play it to speed.
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

Fingering hints will be included (directly into Synthesia) in a new set of scales and arpeggios which I am hoping to start publishing by the end of this year.
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

The new scales and arpeggios will be in this topic: Piano Technique Series for Synthesia. Enjoy!