my active key range is to small

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
EccoBravo

Post by EccoBravo »

hello,
few days ago I have started with Synthesia.
I have two questions.
1. The range of active keys im gameplay is to small. a lot of scores/notes are outside of highlighted key range or will shifted into this range. This is disturbing for me.
How can I increase this range?
2. I had downloades the Synthesia 8.4 version.
In web I had found the Synthesia learning pack. Is this learning pack the same thing or is the learning pack an option of Synthesia?

Many thanks
EB
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

EccoBravo wrote:How can I increase this range?
Are you using a MIDI device with Synthesia or your typing keyboard?
EccoBravo wrote:In web I had found the Synthesia learning pack. Is this learning pack the same thing or is the learning pack an option of Synthesia?
It sounds like you might have found a stolen version of Synthesia.

The Learning Pack features are all already inside the game, but they must be unlocked using a code that you can purchase from this website.
Astralogic

Post by Astralogic »

Nicholas wrote:
EccoBravo wrote:How can I increase this range?
Are you using a MIDI device with Synthesia or your typing keyboard?
I'm having the same problem, the active range is too small, it's silly to learn only certain keys of a piece of music. I'm using a midi keyboard, could you tell me how to increase the active range please?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

When using a MIDI keyboard you need to go to the Synthesia Settings and set Synthesia's keyboard range to match your keyboard. If your keyboard is smaller than 88 keys, you may still run into songs that go outside the range of your keyboard.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Astralogic

Post by Astralogic »

jimhenry wrote:When using a MIDI keyboard you need to go to the Synthesia Settings and set Synthesia's keyboard range to match your keyboard. If your keyboard is smaller than 88 keys, you may still run into songs that go outside the range of your keyboard.
Thanks, sorted.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

If u have less than 88 keys can use the transpose functions of u're keyboard sometimes i do it.