One line at a time

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
gorillamotors

Post by gorillamotors »

How do I set it up to play only one line, 2 lines, etc

Jim
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi Jim,

Are you talking about the sheet music display? Today Synthesia isn't as good as it could be about picking which clefs are shown for a given part. The rule it uses is that if all the notes that you've selected to play (one hand or both) stay above a few notes below middle-C, then everything will appear on the treble clef. Similarly, if all the notes stay below a few notes above middle-C, everything will appear on the bass clef.

Ideally, when you're playing both hands, Synthesia should always make sure the right hand is on the top staff and the left hand is on the bottom. That is an improvement we're planning for the Synthesia 11 release.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if that wasn't the question you meant to ask. Thanks!
gorillamotors

Post by gorillamotors »

I am new to piano and my approach has always been repetiveness. So, what I would like to see one line played and then starting over an replaying that line again, and again along with the sheet music.

I just saw this but I have not seen an intruction manual on how to do this and other things.

"Section looping: Practice difficult sections repeatedly with loops. Create a loop using a simple gesture or the convenient loop editing controls. Loop statistics are shown so you can monitor your progress."

I played with it for awhile and got it to work OK but when I have sheet music shown I would like to set the beginning and ending of the loop on the measures from the sheet music.

Jim
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

gorillamotors wrote:I would like to set the beginning and ending of the loop on the measures from the sheet music.
This would be a good addition. Today you can only adjust loops from the timeline or down in the falling note area. In Synthesia 11, we're planning to do quite a bit of work to improve the sheet music and features like this suggestion have a good chance of making it in.