Youtube chain

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Hi,
I have put like many others a video of Synthesia running.
More to come.
My appologies for the fps frame rate at the top off the screen but i have tried all the option on fraps for to remove it without success.(haven't this problem before :/)

The next one 'll be Superstition but played with ultra good VSTI no soundfont...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-BSvB- ... tion=share
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's not the Fraps frame-counter. That's the built-in Synthesia FPS display. You can toggle it on or off with the F6 key.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Ah thx Nicholas i was suspecting this (i have mapped the Fraps capture key to F6).
Next videos 'll be better so and i 'll use another soft cause it's not very smooth when i zomm a lot but the raw video is smooth its only after converted the problem occur.

I am wondering what software did u use for capturing?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Until about a year ago, I also used Fraps. Recently, I've been using a hardware capture device because those work across any platform with HDMI out. My favorite is Elgato's "Game Capture HD" box.

As for smoothness and processing, the upcoming Synthesia Video Creator tool should solve all of those problems. You'll be able to go from MIDI to video in a single click, ready to upload to YouTube at optimal quality. Timothy will be getting started on that while I'm still wrapping up work on Synthesia 10, so it shouldn't be a long wait.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Yeah good news but does the sound of my vsti 'll be captured?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Oh, with the video creator? It won't use MIDI devices at all. We'll be doing audio/video muxing inside the app, rendering both streams offline (so we have as much time as we need, and you don't need a super fast computer to end up with a smooth result).

At launch I'm hoping to support DLS files, eventually adding support for SF2. I'll have to check Steinberg's docs to see if VST can do offline/background audio rendering. If they can, it shouldn't be too hard to add. Assigning instruments to channels and supporting the pop-up UI panel for VST instruments will be a little extra work, but this is just a plain app (no DirectX or OpenGL) so it shouldn't be too much work.

Other benefits of the video creator include: perfectly synchronized audio, frame-accurate video with sub-frame accurate audio (no frame drops/skips/stutters ever), and all the unnecessary parts of the UI removed.

EDIT: It looks like VST can do background rendering. So VST support might be something to attempt in version 2 of the video creator.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Nice to hear that at least SF2'll be good and vsti marvelous.
PHIDIAS

Post by PHIDIAS »

Nicholas wrote:My favorite is Elgato's "Game Capture HD" box.
Where I can download this?
Is this free or not?
(if not free)any trial?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's a piece of hardware.

That's the newer model. It does 1080p60. The older version only records 1080p30.
PHIDIAS

Post by PHIDIAS »

Nicholas wrote:It's a piece of hardware.

That's the newer model. It does 1080p60. The older version only records 1080p30.
oh i see.
thanks!

this hardware support twitch too!
i may can use it in my videos.(other game called minecraft)
PederLyager

Post by PederLyager »

Nicholas wrote:That's not the Fraps frame-counter. That's the built-in Synthesia FPS display. You can toggle it on or off with the F6 key.
This sounds very cool :-) Do you have an ETA?
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

What is an ETA?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(An ETA is an "Estimated Time of Arrival". He's asking if I know when it's going to be finished.)

While I'm wrapping up work on track splitting, Timothy has already started tackling the first few technical challenges to get the video creator up and running. I don't have a planned date, but once Synthesia 10 goes out the door, we'll both be focused on the video creator mini-project until it's finished.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Thanks for the knowledge :)
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Hi,
So i have posted get Lucky with a better sound than soundfont the audio is slightly not synced but not so much.
This time i have used VSTI for a better audio rendering.
And the fps is dropped :p
But i dont know why when i upload on youtube the frame rate is saccaded...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyShWMd1WIE
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Youtube is now on 1080HD 60 fps
Good news for Synthesia viedos ^^
Only with Google chrome for now and Safari (not so good on safari it seems).
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +HD+60+fps
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Nice. When I heard about 1080p60, they only had three demo videos. Now it looks like they opened it up to anyone with 60 FPS content. We'll definitely target 1080p60 with the video creator now. Those will be perfectly smooth with no hiccups!