Synthesia 11 Roadmap

Try new versions before anyone else!
Always the latest dev version: [ win ] [ mac ]
Please report comments and bugs!

Your data hasn't disappeared: development previews store their data in a different place. Details here.

Postby Nicholas » 01-06-17 6:36 pm

sheet.png
sheet.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 72 times

We're gettin' there. :lol:

For as silly as it looks, there is a lot happening that is actually correct. This is using the new music font and rendering to a single texture. I just can't help but share the ridiculous first-visible-results (like the initial buggy iPad results).
Nicholas

Postby Nicholas » 01-15-17 10:11 pm

Now we're cookin' with gas! :D

beams.png
beams.png (7.74 KiB) Viewed 18 times
Nicholas

Postby draco2023a » 01-16-17 2:53 am

Wow...to the untrained eye it would seem like you still have a ways to go, but I am guessing you are writing the engraving engine from scratch and that there is a lot of work.
draco2023a

Postby Nicholas » 01-16-17 3:09 am

It's not quite as bad as it looks, but you are correct: there is a lot of work to go!

Almost all of the weird stuff going on in these pictures is a result of transitioning the existing code from a completely ad hoc system of measurement (with units loosely based on the size of Synthesia's notation texture) and staffs that were always a fixed distance apart to a much more principled system of measurement (with units in "staff spaces", which are used by musical fonts, engraving experts, and all of the literature) and staffs that have a variable baseline. Now that the dust from that transition is starting to settle, it's just a matter of reconnecting all the bits, replacing the old, made-up magic numbers in the code with the recommended values from the font we're using and making sure everything looks the way it used to.

That will be the first Synthesia 11 dev preview. It's not an especially exciting one, but it'll be nice to get it in your hands because it's got a number of other fixes and improvements. I don't like to wait too long between previews.
Nicholas

Previous

Return to Development Updates