Synthesia 11

Try new versions before anyone else!
Always the latest dev version: [ win ] [ mac ] [ android beta opt-in ]
Please report comments and bugs!

Your data hasn't disappeared: development previews store their data in a different place. Details here.

Postby Nicholas » 12-13-18 2:42 am

Korados wrote:Sometimes when an instrument starts to play, it leaves out the first note. So I guess Bassmidi doesn't preload the soundfont to the RAM like Coolsoft's Midi Synth.

If you're still getting clipping, you might even try reducing the volume on the Settings --> Built-in MIDI Synthesizer screen down below 100%. That may solve it.

So, a bit of nomenclature: both Synthesia and VirtualMIDISynth use BASSMIDI under the hood. In this case, "I guess Bassmidi doesn't preload..." is contradictory because "... like Coolsoft's Midi Synth" implies it does. ;)

What you mean to say is that Synthesia doesn't preload the fonts. And you would be correct. Until the next silent 10.5 update where it will preload fonts by default (but let you turn it off if you don't want to multiply Synthesia's RAM use by 10-200x when loading giant SoundFonts). :D
Nicholas

Postby RobertM » 12-21-18 5:04 am

Has Synthesia 11 been released yet, have just downloaded 10.5. Really looking forward to being able to switch off rolling note and just try and play with the sheet music.
RobertM

Postby Nicholas » 12-21-18 8:04 am

Not yet. Synthesia 10.5 was just last month and there have been seven bug-fix updates to the Android version since then! (It's been a busy holiday season so far!)

The good news is that the very next Synthesia 11 dev preview is the one that will allow full-screen sheet music, so there shouldn't be too much longer of a wait.
Nicholas

Postby spstarr » 12-24-18 9:30 pm

Looking forward to trying this out Nicholas, very much so, great work :D
spstarr

Postby Korados » 12-28-18 12:28 pm

Nicholas wrote:If you're still getting clipping, you might even try reducing the volume on the Settings --> Built-in MIDI Synthesizer screen down below 100%. That may solve it.

So, a bit of nomenclature: both Synthesia and VirtualMIDISynth use BASSMIDI under the hood. In this case, "I guess Bassmidi doesn't preload..." is contradictory because "... like Coolsoft's Midi Synth" implies it does. ;)

What you mean to say is that Synthesia doesn't preload the fonts. And you would be correct. Until the next silent 10.5 update where it will preload fonts by default (but let you turn it off if you don't want to multiply Synthesia's RAM use by 10-200x when loading giant SoundFonts). :D

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I only use the General User Soudfont, and it's only 35 MB big, so I guess preloading it wouldn't use so much RAM. I'm looking forward to the next update!
I wish you a happy new year!
Korados

Previous

Return to Development Updates