Question about keyboard

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Hi, all

I am searching for a very cheap 88 (or something between 49 and 88) key MIDI keyboard with USB interface and volume control. Have you guys any suggesetions?
Choul

Post by Choul »

aria1121 wrote:Hi, all

I am searching for a very cheap 88 (or something between 49 and 88) key MIDI keyboard with USB interface and volume control. Have you guys any suggesetions?
If you are really planning to play much, please don't buy one with 49 keys. Take one with as much as keys possible for your budget. On the other hand the keyboard bounderies make it a lot easier now. What you can do:

- Wait for a bargain with Aldi or Lidl, they sometimes sell keyboards very cheap or
- Go for a second hand keyboard if your budget is low, for example via a music shop or ebay
- Maybe you can look at the cards in food shops or on forums too, sometimes people sell their keyboard this way.

my 2 cents and Good Luck with your search ;-)
Last edited by Choul on 06-28-10 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choul

Post by Choul »

You're welcome! :)
Choul

Post by Choul »

aria1121 wrote:I had this in my mind... Well actually couldnt find any other till now...
Wow, 200 EURO's is still a lot of money to spend. I saw it's a midi controller, I don't know much about it, but maybe Nicholas knows something. 88 keys is already great to start with.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I don't know anything. :D

If it's anything like my Keystation 49e, it should be decent. I'm not sure what "es" has over the "e", but more letters is usually better. ;)

I know the weighting of the keys on the 49e isn't great, but I don't think it gets much better until you're in a higher price bracket.

Like Choul was saying though, 88 is as good as it gets. You won't ever have to worry about not being able to play something outside of your range.
Choul

Post by Choul »

They have it at Peter Verspuy in Rotterdam, maybe you can test it there if you're interested.