dual monitor support

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
zzzxtreme

Post by zzzxtreme »

hi i see that window mode is in the voting list

having able to run synthesia in windowed mode will allow me to drag the app to another monitor, or at least let me be able to click a button to make synthesia appear on another window

it's no big deal, currently i could switch primary monitor, but kinda annoying.

just a humble suggestion
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is more important for this style of game than most others because of the keyboard. I've seen plenty of setups where the secondary monitor was the one in front of they keyboard.

Like you said, windowed mode will solve this. You should still be able to maximize the window on the 2nd monitor and everything should work great.
czerwonka

Post by czerwonka »

Will this feature ever get in? Is it really that hard to solve?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Using a secondary monitor is do-able now with the configuration tool introduced in 0.7.4.

Spanning multiple monitors should be possible with the config tool in conjunction with the options available in your video driver. Here is a video that cairnz made with Synthesia running across three monitors (albeit, in windowed mode).
aria1121

Post by aria1121 »

Hmmmm... My post earlier was supposed to be with an attachment... Damnit.
Last edited by aria1121 on 09-23-10 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm not sure what the Windows 7 to Projector function is.
Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion »

Windows + P ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Neat. I think I may have heard of that a while back, but not since I had Win7 myself.
cairnz

Post by cairnz »

win-p is just a quick way to tell how to render: primary screen, clone mode primary + projector (or secondary screen), extended mode (which i use for the video) and external (projector) only.
cairnz

Post by cairnz »

Nicholas wrote:Using a secondary monitor is do-able now with the configuration tool introduced in 0.7.4.

Spanning multiple monitors should be possible with the config tool in conjunction with the options available in your video driver. Here is a video that cairnz made with Synthesia running across three monitors (albeit, in windowed mode).
You can't get fullscreen across several monitors (yet). Also my setup doesn't really work in fullscreen because the height of the side monitors are different than the height of the center one (by 80 pixels). Windowed mode maximised also only uses one screen.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

cairnz wrote:You can't get fullscreen across several monitors (yet)...
I haven't tried it myself, but with things like AMD's EyeFinity and Nvidia's 3D Vision, I was under the impression the application can't tell the difference and the displays all simply appear to be one large screen.

It should totally work. ;)
cairnz

Post by cairnz »

Yes, but then it's not multiple monitors, it's "one" monitor. It's also very restrictive when you don't have identical screens. I cannot run 3 screens in eyefinity without losing pixels