Hanon and Czerny for Synthesia Users

Discuss methods, books, lessons, and websites you use to learn.
No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

I prepared finally something for all Synthesia users.

Here some info about the files:
The files have following properties:
- all files are in 100 bpm
- there are no program change events, simply select the sound you prefer on your synthesizer or keyboard
- all notes are in the pitch range from 36 to 96, this means you can play them on any five octave keyboard, even without having Synthesia's range feature ready yet. :)
- all notes on midi channel 1 have DO RE MI lyrics added
- some files have splitted shorter or smaller or decomposed versions, here the shortcuts used in the file names have meanings as follows: HM means Higher Melody, LM means Lower Melody, IM means Inbetween Melody, TS means Tonic Structure, R means Right hand only, sometimes LM means Last Motive.

Have fun with Synthesia! :-)

UPDATE:
Czerny 01..10 with fingering added. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1794&p=22515#p22515

UPDATE:
Czerny 11..20 with fingering added. viewtopic.php?p=31859#p31859

Spicing up a little:
Attachments
Czerny.rar
Czerny for Synthesia Users
(539.6 KiB) Downloaded 7622 times
Hanon.rar
Hanon for Synthesia Users
(569.81 KiB) Downloaded 8297 times
Last edited by TonE on 10-09-13 5:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Seanpek

Post by Seanpek »

This is awesome, thanks. Nicholas should sticky this.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Seanpek wrote:Nicholas should sticky this.
Alright. ;)
Electrode

Post by Electrode »

I know the Hanon exercises are lifted verbatim from "The Virtuoso Pianist", but which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Electrode wrote:which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?
http://books.google.de/books?id=14huH-S ... &q&f=false
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

Hi, when Synthesia can show the fingerings in the falling notes, those midis (Hanon an Czerny) are going to be very useful.
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

TonE wrote:
Electrode wrote:which of Czerny's studies is provided here? Can I please have that information so that I can also look for the printed sheet music?
http://books.google.de/books?id=14huH-S ... &q&f=false
Or here: http://henseltlibrary.wordpress.com/a-d/ and here is the pdf link on that page directly: http://henseltlibrary.files.wordpress.c ... eister.pdf , thanks to Choul who sent me this information.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, I'm a little unclear on the copyright issues involved with these files.

I understand the music itself is old enough, but Choul was just describing to me the other day that the transcription/publication date of the music by a publishing company also mattered. That MIDI files made from sheet music that itself wasn't published prior to 1923 (or the appropriate year for the country it was published in) are still also an illegal use...
Choul

Post by Choul »

Nicholas wrote:Hmm, I'm a little unclear on the copyright issues involved with these files.

I understand the music itself is old enough, but Choul was just describing to me the other day that the transcription/publication date of the music by a publishing company also mattered. That MIDI files made from sheet music that itself wasn't published prior to 1923 (or the appropriate year for the country it was published in) are still also an illegal use...
That's true that it makes a difference on what sheet music it is based on, that's why I gave Tone a link to public domain sheet music :oops: and I had my doubts about the other one because it states clearly at the bottom of the page that it is copyrighted. But it looks like he didn't understand what I meant with it. So I don't know on which sheet music TonE made those files, I only know that at least one version on the Internet is in the public domain and that's the link I gave him, not the link he provided in the first place.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Choul, do not worry, I understood, only why should I delete the first google books link, it is just the book preview of google books, then google should shut down google books preview, my point was only to give Electrode the information he wanted, nothing else.
Last edited by TonE on 12-05-10 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
nick85

Post by nick85 »

Awesome, thanks so much!
slashd

Post by slashd »

Awesome, thanks for making this!
edwintheguru

Post by edwintheguru »

thanks bro it really helpfull :)
est

Post by est »

TonE wrote:I prepared finally something for all Synthesia users.

Here some info about the files:
The files have following properties:
- all files are in 100 bpm
- there are no program change events, simply select the sound you prefer on your synthesizer or keyboard
- all notes are in the pitch range from 36 to 96, this means you can play them on any five octave keyboard, even without having Synthesia's range feature ready yet. :)
- all notes on midi channel 1 have DO RE MI lyrics added
- some files have splitted shorter or smaller or decomposed versions, here the shortcuts used in the file names have meanings as follows: HM means Higher Melody, LM means Lower Melody, IM means Inbetween Melody, TS means Tonic Structure, R means Right hand only, sometimes LM means Last Motive.

Have fun with Synthesia! :-)

This totally made my week rock!
DC64

Post by DC64 »

So what about fingerings for here?
"And now for something completely different."
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Fingerings for Czerny 01 you can find here as a starting example. Soon you can write your fingerings yourself, quickly and easily, if you have a book or pdf in front of you, matching to your .mid.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

vicentefer31 wrote:Hi, when Synthesia can show the fingerings in the falling notes, those midis (Hanon an Czerny) are going to be very useful.
This time has come already, now we need to write those fingerings only. :) If anybody should write a fingering for any Hanon or Czerny exercise, do not forget to share the "TonE text format" also here, thanks. Also if you are planning to write some, you can write here which you are planning to write, soon, meaning within a week or so.

Further examples for TonE text formats, you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3456
There are examples for Czerny01 and Czerny05..Czerny10.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

TonE wrote:Also if you are planning to write some, you can write here which you are planning to write, soon, meaning within a week or so.
Ok, I do the starting, here my claim: I will write Czerny01..Czerny10 fully, meaning writing the missing ones Czerny02..Czerny04. Within a week, starting from now.
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

Here are Czerny 01..10 with fingering. Enjoy!
Attachments
Czerny 01..10 with fingering.zip
Czerny 01..10 with fingering, in both formats: TonE text format, and .synthesia format
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 4214 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Remember you can combine .synthesia files into a single one to make your folder structure less noisy. :D
Attachments
Czerny 1-10.synthesia
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 2689 times